Domestic Abuse Enhanced Awareness Training
The aims of the full day course are:
· To enable staff to carry out domestic abuse screening, risk identification and safety planning
· To facilitate early identification of and intervention in domestic abuse
By the end of the training delegates will understand:
- the role of MARAC (in-depth)
- how victims can use ‘violent resistance’ to the abuser but that this does not make them equal perpetrators of abuse
- how living with domestic abuse impacts on children and young people, including the impacts on victims’ and perpetrators’ parenting capacities
- your role and agency responsibilities*
- the options available to victims, perpetrators and secondary victims
Who is it for: The training is appropriate for staff within agencies who need to have an enhanced awareness of domestic abuse.
Cost: The training is £75 per place. Lunch will be provided.
A substitution will be accepted if it is confirmed in writing prior to the conference. We aim to confirm places and send invoices at least 4 weeks prior to course date.
For further information please contact Michala Jury on 01245 430085.
To apply please visit